Blackheads sometimes called comedones caused by an excessive build up of oil that is trapped in the pores.
- Black coloring of blackheads are not caused by dirt
trapped in the pores or follicles
- Blackheads color comes from oxidation
- When the follicles are open, comodone substances are exposed to air and the oxidative reaction causes to color
change to black
- The blackhead’s close relative, the whitehead, is also a comedone, but forms when the follicles are closed.
Blackheads Removal Treatment Plan
Proper skin care routine is not only the best way of avoiding
blackheads, but can help you to get rid of blackheads. But
you need to that regularly.
- do not apply to your face any products that congest your pores; like greasy moisturising products and oil-based cosmetics.
- always remove your make-up and cleanse your skin really well before bedtime
- avoid touching your face when you sweat or dirty as this can put oil, dirt and germs from your fingers back onto your skin and negate all your hard work.
Your skin is as individual as you are. The best thing you can do is get a full skin analysis consultation with aesthetician. We offer a great range of
Cosmedix deep cleanse facial extractions for both men and women in Melbourne, designed to relax and treat your
If you choose to, you are welcome to bring in the skin products you currently use so that you can discuss them with your aesthetician.
Step by Step Blackheads Removal
- Professional skin analysis and Wood’s Lamp assessment
of the skin condition.
- Cleansing with cotton pads or sponges and a product chosen for your skin type (normal, dry, oily, combination, sensitive, mature)
- Exfoliation - removal of the oldest dead skin
cells that stick to the skin's outermost surface.
Exfoliation also makes penetration easier for serums
used in later stages. Depending on your skin condition
micro dermabrasion, enzymatic peel or an active scrub
- Steaming - to open the pores and aid in the
extraction process. It can cause broken capillaries and
discoloration if done on sensitive skin, or done
improperly. True blackheads (thick, clogged pores with a
darkened appearance) and milea (the hard, pearl like
- Extraction of blackheads or whiteheads extraction
to allow the skin’s natural oils to leave the pores without being blocked. It also enables easier penetration of any active ingredients in infusions which should almost always follow this step (however, presence of infusion step depends on skin’s condition)
Facial mask targeted to your skin type (dry,
oily, combination, sensitive, mature) to close pores and
absorb any excess oil
Melbourne Facial Beauty
Blackhead Removal Summary
|Blackheads Removal Options
Optional: lymphatic drainage or presor therapy, electroporation - helps the passage of actives across the dermal barrier
|Every 4 to 6 weeks
because that's how long it takes the skin to regenerate
For man and woman with skin problems like
acne, acne scars or skin discolorations, a more intensive facial might be the answer. Although more invasive than standard facials, these treatments can significantly help improve skin appearance.
- PhotoFacials - a procedure in which light waves penetrate the skin to reduce the appearance of scars and discoloration
- Facial Peels - reduce fine lines, wrinkles, acne scarring, and uneven pigmentation.
It's not enough to get a facial to keep your skin clear and beautiful.
You need to have a great home skin-care routine.
Use a non-irritating, slightly acidic facial cleanser to prevent further hardening of embedded facial oils. Preferably use one of CSHE | Skeyndor | Medik8 with vitamin C and E to help the
helps to dry and clear blemishes.
Medik8 poreCleansing gel to
Scientists have also found that fish oil containing EPA help to regulate cellular function and maintain elasticity and suppleness in the skin. We
stock fish oil for your convenience
What to do and NOT to do when you have blackheads
- Avoid squeezing blackheads with your fingernails. it can cause scarring and infection, leading to more severe form of acne known as cysts
- Stay away from skin care and cosmetics full of chemicals that can congest your pores
- Opt for skin care with large quantities of EFAs, particularly omega3
- Ensure you consume lots of omega3, fresh fruit and vegetables and drink plenty of water
- Reduce omega9 containing foods as too much omega9 can cause blackheads
- Commit to removing make up and toning your skin before going to bed
MINOR EFFORT MAJOR DIFFERENCE